Bonk’abaphandle – Marcus Barrett/ GIA Publishing
Joy – Hans Bridget Heruth Santa Barbara Music
I Thank You God – Dan Forest JW Pepper # 10980703
The Pasture – Randall Stroope
Soon I Will Be Done – Marques L. A. Garrett/ Walton Music
Publisher ID: WW1900 Pepper # 11389338
Let My Little Light Shine– arr. Philip Parlock, II –directors are to order their own copies directly from JW Pepper using the link below –
(This piece will not be auditioned , but students will need to know before coming to All State Chorus)
2023 West Virginia All State Chorus Guest Conductor – JEFFERY REDDING, Ph.D.
Jeffery Redding, Director of Choral Activities at West Orange High School in Winter Garden, Florida, has led his choirs in performances at state, regional, and national conventions of the American Choral Directors’ Association (ACDA). West Orange choirs have earned first place awards at Heritage Festivals of Gold in California, Chicago, New York and at the Festival of Spirituals in Washington D.C. While participating in the International Music Festival in Verona, Italy, West Orange received the Gold Award for best choir, with Dr. Redding honored as top director.
Nationally, Dr. Redding is in demand as a guest conductor and lecturer. He has conducted the ACDA National High School Honor Choir, the Central Division ACDA Honor Choir, the North Central Division ACDA Honor Choir, the Eastern Division ACDA Honor Choir and All-State and Honor choirs in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, South Dakota, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. In 2014, he was the only American adjudicator at the International Choral Festival, Verona, Italy and most recently, he conducted at the TAISM Festival of Choirs in Muscat, Oman. He is also one of the conductors for Disney’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot.
Previously Director of Choral Activities at West Virginia University (WVU), Dr. Redding has been featured as guest conductor at Carnegie Hall, Alice Tully Hall, Kennedy Center, and Orchestra Hall on numerous occasions. He was also honored to give the prestigious TEDx Talk.
Recognized for his achievements and service in the profession, Dr. Redding was awarded the R. Wayne Hugoboom Distinguished Service Award for dedicated service, leadership, and excellence by the Florida Chapter of ACDA in November 2015 and was also a 2017 Quarterfinalist for a Grammy Award for Music Education.
Dr. Redding is founder and Artistic Director of the Garden Community Choir in Winter Garden, Florida. Formerly with the Moses Hogan Singers, he remains active as a singer in the professional male singing group, “Brethren.” The Jeffery Redding Passion and Purpose Choral Series is a compilation of new choral music by various composers, published by Cola Voce Music, Inc.
Dr. Redding holds a Ph.D. in Choral Conducting/Music Education and a Master of Music Education, both from the Florida State University, and a B.S. in Music Education from Florida A&M University. He is a member of ACDA, NAfME, FVA, NATS, and Chorus America. In the Florida Vocal Association (FVA) he has served as District 8 Chairperson. In the Florida ACDA, he has served as State R&R Chair for Ethnic Music/Multicultural Affairs, Co-Chair for the High School Mixed Honor Choir, and Youth/Student Activities. Currently, he is the State R&R Chair for High School Mixed Choir for Florida ACDA.
Student ACCOMPANIST Application All State Chorus 2023
- A call for auditions will be made no later than September 15th.
- Auditions are open to all WV high school students.
- An audition announcement will be sent to all WVMEA teachers.
- A member of the WVMEA must sponsor the student who is auditioning.
- Auditions will take place before December.
- Auditions will take place at a centralized location for those auditioning and judging.
- Audition judges will consist of the WVVMA All-State Chairperson and two guest piano expert judges (who are chosen by the All-State Chairperson).
- Auditioning students will prepare all accompaniments.
- The highest passing score is chosen. In the event of a tie, students will be asked to play sharp and flat major scales to break the tie.
- If the committee approves, up to two accompanists can be chosen. Repertoire can be shared.
- If students cannot pass the audition, a professional accompanist will be hired. This can also be shared with a student if a student can play a few of the songs.
- Assigned repertoire accompaniments (selections from the rep will be sent the morning of auditions)